Our Advisory Committee
Terms of Reference
The Centre for Research and Innovation Support (CRIS) Advisory Committee is representative of the research enterprise across the University of Toronto, and key shared services units:
- Appointment of members to the Committee is made by the Vice-President, Research & Innovation, and Strategic Initiatives and may include both academic and research support leaders in an advisory capacity.
- The Committee will provide advice and guidance on strategic and programmatic issues such as supporting the development of a strategic plan, and identifying programmatic and communication priorities; identifying resources and supports that CRIS should work to promote, amplify access, and scale across the university; and, identifying gaps in services and resources to address emerging needs.
- The term of appointment will be for 2 years, with option to renew.
- The Committee may create working groups to investigate topics in more depth. Working groups may include members from outside of the Committee who provide required knowledge or expertise.
- The Committee will report to the Research Advisory Board (RAB) on an annual basis.
- Leah Cowen (Chair), Associate Vice-President, Research
- Larry Alford, University Chief Librarian
- David Brennan, Associate Dean, Research, Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work
- Gustavo Bobonis, Professor, Department of Economics, Faculty of Arts & Science
- Heather Boon, Vice-Provost, Faculty and Academic Life
- Lara Cartmale, Director, Research & International Initiatives, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education
- Ramin Farnood, Vice Dean, Research, Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering
- France Gagnon, Associate Dean, Research, Dalla Lana School of Public Health
- Vinita Haroun, Director, Centre for Research & Innovation Support
- Alison Keith, Director, Jackman Humanities Institute
- Gretchen Kerr, Vice-Dean, Programs & Innovation, School of Graduate Studies
- Helen Lasthiotakis, Executive Director, Research & Strategic Partnerships, VPRI
- Kent Moore, Vice-Principal, Research, University of Toronto Mississauga
- Peter Roy, Vice-Chair, Research Molecular Genetics, Faculty of Medicine
- Lisa Rumiel, Director, Research Services, Faculty of Arts & Science
- Bo Wandschneider, Chief Information Officer
- Shaun Young, Director, Office of Vice-Principal Research, University of Toronto Scarborough