SSHRC Partnership Development Grants: Proposal Development Workshop (Sept. 21, 2021)
September 21 2021 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
The Research Services Office is hosting the second in a series of workshops for applicants to the SSHRC Partnership Development Grant (PDG) program. This Proposal Development Workshop is designed to support researchers and divisional research support staff as they craft applications for the fall 2021 PDG competition. The content will build on previous info sessions and provide information and tools that will help applicants as they finalize their partnerships and proposals.
In this webinar, faculty and staff will provide hands-on learning and advice about the review process and on specific sections of the PDG proposal. Attendees will benefit from tools and templates to use in their own writing.
Part 1 (9:30am-10:25am):
- Faculty advice on proposal evaluation from a former member of a SSHRC adjudication committee (Professor Sara Grimes).
- RSO advice on composing a strong budget and partner letters (Sarah Scott).
Part 2 (10:30am-11:25pm):
- Strategies for preparing the written sections of the PDG application: Editorial and Proposal Development Officers will lead hands-on writing activities focused on specific sections of the grant.
- Sara Grimes, Associate Professor in the Faculty of Information and Director of the Knowledge Media Design Institute (KMDI) and Semaphore Labs
- Sarah Scott, Research Funding Manager, Research Services Office
- Lee Slinger, Strategic Research Development Officer, UTSC
- Gabrielle Sugar, Funded Research Officer, Faculty of Arts & Science
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify techniques and strategies to write a successful Partnership Development Grant
- Better understand how to position the grant to appeal to the adjudication committee
- Apply strategies to concrete and illustrative examples, using provided templates
- Develop a strong draft in advance of the RSO editorial review deadline
For the link to the session presentation slides (PDFs): Click here
For link to the session recording (requires UTORid): Click here
The handout for Part II of the workshop can be downloaded here.
If you did not attend "SSHRC Partnership Development Grants – Models and Strategies for Success" on May 19, 2021 you can access the session recording here (requires UTORid).